Thursday, December 15, 2011

Eighteen To Life

The day is fast approaching,
The day I'll turn eighteen.
Just weeks to go and I'm all grown up.

But slowly and steadily maturing,

Suddenly an adult with a bit of sheen,
It was just moments ago that I felt like a little pup!

Birthdays always filled me up with joy,The thought of gifts, food and a new toy.

But this year, the charm of the birthday is lost.
Because my childhood is now a thing of past.
The good ol' days were filled with innocence, pranks and lollies,
But now all I have is tension, stress and a whole lot of worries.

Everyone says 'Oh, He's turning eighteen,

He must preen!'
But I'm still a kid inside,who just wants ice-cream!

Nothing's gonna change,

But nothing's gonna be the same.
Hope it all recedes away, the reluctance, mixed feelings, and the pain.

Tick tock, tick tock the clock is ticking,

The day is fast approaching,
The day I'll turn eighteen
The day I'll turn eighteen....

No comments:

Post a Comment